- Complete step 1a and then move to step 2 if you have an existing Right Networks icon that will be modified to log into the Office 365 environment.
- Complete step 1b and then move to step 2 if your workstation does not already have an existing Right Networks icon.
- Only try to complete step 1c if you have attempted step 1b and it has failed for any reason.
1a. Modifying a Current Right Networks Icon
- Locate your Microsoft Remote Desktop icon, it may be a shortcut on your desktop or an icon on your toolbar.
- If the shortcut is on your desktop, right-click on it and choose Edit from the small menu that pops up.
- If the shortcut is on your toolbar, right-click on it and choose Remote Desktop Connection.
2. On the General tab, if you see a message that says, "Saved credentials will be used to connect..." click Delete and the Yes. If you do not see this message, skip this step.
3. In the Computer field enteryour server name. This will either be RNcloud1.rightnetworks.com or RNcloud2.rightnetworks.com
- If you are unsure which of these you should be connecting to, please contact Right Networks Cloud Solutions at 866-489-1563 x2
4. In the username field, enter the following: rightnetworks\
5. Click the Save button and then click Connect.
6. Finally, simply double-click the new icon and enter your Right Networks username and password to log in. Feel free to save these credentials so that it does not prompt you for them each time you log in.
1b. Using the Right Networks Setup Wizard
If you have never used Right Networks on the computer that you are currently setting up you can use the instructions below to run the Right Networks Setup Wizard to automatically configure your computer. The Setup Wizard will perform the following actions to ensure that your computer is configured to connect to the hosted environment and access your Office 365 applications:
- Perform a check on your computer configuration to ensure you can connect to the hosted environment.
- Add a shortcut for Microsoft Remote Desktop that contains the Right Networks server information and your username pre-configured.
- Install the TSPrint and TSScan software to allow printing and scanning from the hosted environment.
- Allow you to choose which files you would like to upload to the hosted environment.
To download the program click on the following link: Right Networks Setup Wizard.
Note: Should you encounter any problems with the Setup Wizard, please see our steps for manually getting started.
1c. Manual PC Setup
- Download and install the TSPrint Client.
- Click Run, and then Run again.
- Click Next through the Install Wizard and allow the driver installation a minute to complete.
- Please download the Right Networks icon. You will be prompted to enter your Right Networks username when you do so.
- If using Microsoft Internet Explorer: In the bar that appears at the bottom of the browser, click the small arrow on the save button and then select Save As. Then in the window that appears, select Desktop in the left column and click Save.
- If using Google Chrome: Click on the small arrow next to the name of the file that appears in the small box in the bottom-left corner of the browser and choose Show in Folder. A window will open. In this window, the RightNetworks.rdp file will be highlighted. Drag this file to the Desktop.
- If using Mozilla Firefox: Choose Save File, then OK. Click the Down Arrow at the top of your browser and then right-click on the rightnetworks.rdp file and choose Open Containing Folder. A window will open. In this window, the RightNetworks.rdp file will be highlighted. Drag this file to the Desktop.
- Simply double-click the new icon and enter your Right Networks username and password to log in. Feel free to save these credentials so that it does not prompt you for them each time you log in.
2. Registering Office 365 and Saving Your Credentials
The Office 365 icons that come as part of your subscription will already be located on your Right Networks desktop upon logging in to the environment. When launching an Office 365 application for the first time you will need to sign in with your Office 365 credentials. Activating one application will activate the subscription for all Office 365 applications for that session.
To ensure you are not forced to re-enter this information after each login, please follow the below instructions.
- While logged into Right Networks, click the Start button and then click Computer.
- In the top, left-hand side of the window click Open Control Panel.
3. Double-click Credential Manager.
4. Click the link named Add a generic credential.
5. Enter the following information into the new window and then click OK.
Internet or networks address: MicrosoftOffice15_Data:orgid:email@example.com
Username: “Your Office 365 username”
Password: “Your Office 365 password”
6. Close the window, log off of Right Networks, and then log back in. You should no longer need to register your 365 applications each time you log into Right Networks.