If you've already tried to install or activate Office 2016 for Mac, but weren't successful, check that your Mac meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements at System requirements for Office, or see What to try if you can't install or activate Office 2016 for Mac using Office 365 for business.
4. Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg.
After Office 2016 for Mac is installed, Word 2016 for Mac opens so you can activate Office and confirm your subscription. You should only have to do this once.
2. On the Sign in to Activate Office screen, select Sign In, and then enter your work or school account.
3. After you sign in, you may see an alert asking for permission to access the Microsoft identity stored in your keychain. Select Allow or Always Allow to continue.
4. On the next screen, choose an appearance for your Office installation, select Continue, and then select the Start Using Word button to open the app and complete the Office 2016 for Mac activation.
2. Find the Office app you want and double-click to open it.