The following steps have to be done in OWA (portal.office.com). It will not work to do this in the Outlook desktop app. If you have permissions to access the Inbox and Calendar folders of a shared mailbox the are the steps to expose those folders to me in the OWA App.
Now that everything is staged in OWA to expose the shared mailbox(s), we can move on to configuring the mobile OWA App. Please note that, if you’ve already configured your account in the OWA App, the shared folders won’t auto-populate in the folder list in the app. We actually have to reset the app and configure it from scratch to force a refresh of the listing. To do so, perform the following steps.
IOS clearing data for OWA App
- On the iOS device, close the OWA app if it is already open. (Double-press the main button, scroll left or right to find the running app, and swipe up to kill it.)
- Open the Settings app and scroll down through the listing of apps to find the entry for OWA, then select it.
- Turn the “Reset Application” setting ON.
Android clearing data for OWA App
1. Settings -> Applications -> OWA -> Storage -> Clear Data
Launch OWA App
- Now, go back to the main screen and turn on the OWA app.
- Tap on “Continue” on the “Before you start” screen.
- Enter your email address and tap “Sign in”.
- You’ll then be prompted to enter your password. Do so and tap “Sign in” again.
- Now, once you are fully logged into your mailbox, tap the three-bar “hamburger” icon in the upper left-hand corner.
- This will expose the list of available mailboxes and folders.
- Expand the mailbox you added earlier in OWA to show its list of folders, then tap the folder you wish to view. The selected folder will then be displayed.
- To see the calendar of the mailbox you’ve added, click the calendar icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the previously-mentioned control icon in the upper left-hand corner to expose the calendar list.
- Tap the calendar you wish to view. (You may wish to de-select your own default calendar at the top of the list. Otherwise, the resulting view will present a superposition of both calendars.)
- Tap the previously used control to bring the calendar view back in place.